Cardiff Capital Region
Programmes like 1MM are so important for expanding a young person’s horizons. There’s so much darkness and division in the world at the moment, and opportunities where people from different backgrounds come together, talk to each other and realise they have more in common than different, I think is really important. Cllr Huw Thomas, Leader of Cardiff Council
Piloted in Cardiff Capital Region (CCR) from January to July 2017, One Million Mentors expanded from January 2019 to reach young people from some of its most deprived areas.
- Child poverty in 8 of the 10 local authority areas above the Welsh average
- School leavers’ basic skills and qualifications below the Welsh average
- 2nd highest number of young people in Wales not in education, employment and training
We can help them lift their aspirations and improve their life chances.
Want to get involved?
- If you’re 25 and over, working, retired or on a career break, live in the Cardiff Capital Region and can commit to one hour, once a month for a period of up to one year, click here to find out how to become a mentor. You’ll get online training, as well as ongoing support in your mentoring relationship.
- Schools, colleges, universities, charities or employment programmes wanting your young people to join our mentoring programme can click here for more information.
- Employers working for a small, medium or large organisation who would like to get involved in our mentoring programme, click here for more information.
- If you’re already mentoring and would like to attend one of our mentor workshops, click here.
- Or if you’re interested in 1MM coming to your region, click here.