Many of us have benefited, at some point in our lives, from family, friends or colleagues who gave us words of encouragement or professional advice in order to make life-changing decisions. We want to ensure that all young people in the UK benefit from high-quality mentoring to help them prepare for the world of work. We believe the full potential of One Million Mentors could be transformational in increasing employability skills, unlocking new opportunities and networks, promoting social mobility and social cohesion. Rushanara Ali MP, Chair & Co-founder of 1MM
One Million Mentors expanded in summer 2019 into East London, which has some of the worst child poverty rates in the UK.
We are working with youth partners in Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Newham, where poverty levels are highest, to help young people overcome social barriers to reach their potential.
Want to get involved?
- If you have five years general working experience or two years post-graduate working experience, and are working, retired or on a career break, live in East London and can commit to one hour, once a month for a period of up to one year, click here to find out how to become a mentor. You’ll get online training, as well as ongoing support in your mentoring relationship.
- Schools, colleges, universities, charities or employment programmes wanting your young people to join our mentoring programme can click here for more information.
- Employers working for a small, medium or large organisation who would like to get involved in our mentoring programme, click here for more information.
- If you’re already mentoring and would like to attend one of our mentor workshops, click here.
- Or if you’re interested in 1MM coming to your region, click here.