Our pilot scheme gave us the in-depth information we needed to evaluate, refine and improve what One Million Mentors does. Please read our first independent evaluation here.
In 2019 we commissioned the Behavioural Insights Team (BIT) to conduct a process evaluation of our work. Please see highlights of this report here.
The Behavioural Insights Team (BIT) process evaluation (2019) found that 1MM , through the provision of trained volunteer mentors from within the business world and community, boosted support and advice for young people in the areas of education, employment and social action. Key findings from our pilot are:
• Only 29% of mentees pre mentoring felt confident about securing the experience or training they need to succeed. After a year of mentoring this rose to 70%
• Our mentors are invested in their local young people; 97% are mentoring to help other people, and 72% are mentoring to benefit from a sense of fulfilment and growth
• 51% of our young people are from disadvantaged backgrounds
• 54% are from BAME backgrounds
• 74% of our mentoring relationships are between mentors and mentees from different ethnic backgrounds
Please see our full Theory of Change.
1MM conducted an impact report of it’s face to face mentoring from 2018 to 2020 (pre-COVID-19 pandemic). Please see our results here.